I fired up the movie Revolution Road last night and early on I had a thought pop into my head and I tweeted it. A bit later I had another thought. Tweeted that one, too. Then I decided to just keep tweeting whatever thoughts popped into my head as I was watching the movie.
Granted, these are not ALL of my thoughts. I have excluded stuff like "nice boobs" and "how many vintage cars did they need to shoot this street scene." Not to mention any auditory exclamations I may have made.
Here they are, my first reaction, thematic thoughts on the movie Revolutionary Road:
- Never hang all of your hopes on accomplishment.
- Accept where you are. Embrace it. Persevere for the change you desire.
- Are good neighbors helpful? Or do you impose on them so they can impose on you?
- You don't necessarily have to go anywhere or do anything in order to have a passionate life.
- If you are ever disappointed with your life just remember that everyone does what they want. You are where you are because of your choices
- Of course the grass is greener on the other side, you haven't peed all over it yet.
- It isn't the endgame that excites us so much, it is the possibilities of what might happen that sets our hearts racing.
- Life is never so alive as in our memories.
- It's never as good as when people say exactly what they think and feel, yet can accept whatever others have to say.
- The real trick is adapting to reality as it intrudes upon what you thought was possible.
- The trouble comes when you let the expectations of others intrude upon your possibilities.
- A memorable big moment is only a collection of simple small moments.
- Whatever that magic is you are looking for you can find it wherever you are.
- It would be great to be with someone where it always feels like the two of us are sharing an inside joke.
- Just remember, if you blow bubbles then they are gonna pop.
- When you live your life according to the choices of two people, sometimes the both of you end up with what you don't want.
- The point of life is to learn what is important to you, because most of the time we are chasing ghosts.
- And that concludes tonight's movie tweets. Revolutionary Road.