Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Revolutionary Road: Rorschach Movie Test


I fired up the movie Revolution Road last night and early on I had a thought pop into my head and I tweeted it. A bit later I had another thought. Tweeted that one, too. Then I decided to just keep tweeting whatever thoughts popped into my head as I was watching the movie.

Granted, these are not ALL of my thoughts. I have excluded stuff like "nice boobs" and "how many vintage cars did they need to shoot this street scene." Not to mention any auditory exclamations I may have made.

Here they are, my first reaction, thematic thoughts on the movie Revolutionary Road:

  • Never hang all of your hopes on accomplishment.
  • Accept where you are. Embrace it. Persevere for the change you desire.
  • Are good neighbors helpful? Or do you impose on them so they can impose on you?
  • You don't necessarily have to go anywhere or do anything in order to have a passionate life.
  • If you are ever disappointed with your life just remember that everyone does what they want. You are where you are because of your choices
  • Of course the grass is greener on the other side, you haven't peed all over it yet.
  • It isn't the endgame that excites us so much, it is the possibilities of what might happen that sets our hearts racing.
  • Life is never so alive as in our memories.
  • It's never as good as when people say exactly what they think and feel, yet can accept whatever others have to say.
  • The real trick is adapting to reality as it intrudes upon what you thought was possible.
  • The trouble comes when you let the expectations of others intrude upon your possibilities.
  • A memorable big moment is only a collection of simple small moments.
  • Whatever that magic is you are looking for you can find it wherever you are.
  • It would be great to be with someone where it always feels like the two of us are sharing an inside joke.
  • Just remember, if you blow bubbles then they are gonna pop.
  • When you live your life according to the choices of two people, sometimes the both of you end up with what you don't want.
  • The point of life is to learn what is important to you, because most of the time we are chasing ghosts.
  • And that concludes tonight's movie tweets. Revolutionary Road.



No comments:

Post a Comment